How do you know when you're in love?

I'm almost 18 & my boyfriend & I just recently got back together. He's also the father of my child. I don't know if I'm in love or not but when I'm around him it's like I can't live without him. How can you tell if it's love or lust? How do you know when to tell them you love them if you're not sure you'll hear it back? I really need help. I'm so lost & confused. I think I want to marry this guy.

stacymorgan2009

Asked by stacymorgan2009 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's way past lust. Whether it's long term love idk but what the heck...tell the guy and see what he says. You never know.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:47 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If you feel as though you aren't a complete person except when he is around. If being around him makes you smile. If he feels the same way. If you feel absolutely comfortable with him and have discussed major life issues such as handling finances and money, religion (or not), raising children, care of extended family member in case of problems, what marriage means. If you respect and trust him, and he respects and trusts you. If you feel that you would be willing to care for him when he is sick or old. If you like the way he treats people doing work for him- how does he treat the server at a restaurant, or the pizza delivery guy.

Answer by Bmat at 10:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You have a child with him, there are things more important than being in love. Is he responsible? Can he provide for you and your baby? Does he want to marry you? Is he faithful? Does he drink? Has he abused drugs? Has he been in trouble with the law? Does your family like him? Does his family like you? Do you agree on major issues?
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• With my DH I miss him and worry about him while he is gone. When he comes home i just wanna hug him. I smile when I see him. He makes me happy
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 10:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009