How much "talking" is normal?

My son is 14 months old. He used to say mama, dada, baba, etc but when he was about 10 months, he started walking and stopped talking. Completely. Now he "talks" a ton, but its not any real words. He'll go off for five minutes "bapamadashpsht" but I'm starting to worry that he doesn't even say anything! Is this normal?

AidensMommy608

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• YES! All babies have their own groove of development! Believe me, he will start talking really soon, probably too soon and then you will be complaining that he talks too much! Okay maybe my own personal experience, my ODS (4 year old) talks all day long from the time he gets up till he falls asleep mid sentence! LOL
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Mine did the same thing! She's going to be 15 months in 2 weeks and babbles but not really talking anymore.
    Anonymous