1st Birthday ideas for October????

I need ideas for a 1st bday in oct. We didn't want a big party at 1st. Now we want the complete opposite to celebrate our son's health! We are going to through the party where we were originally from so his great grandma can attend as well as more of our family & friends. Problem is...we won't have a house or a yard. Thinking of a park. Any other ideas? Or ideas for this time of year in the park? My friends' daughter was in teh summer & they had lots of water activities, moon bounce, the works!!!!!

alBmom

Asked by alBmom at 10:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well you have to remember, at 12 months, he probably won't be into playing on the playground or a bouncy house or anything, he's still too small. For my daughter's first birthday (also out of town) we went to golden corrall. They allow you to reserve big party rooms for free, plus its cheap and everyone can pay their way without feeling put out, and you don't have to cough up the dough except for you and yours. Plus, its an all you can eat buffet which guarantees enough food for everyone. If you do want something more kid oriented, I would go for chuck e cheeses. Just remember, it's going to be october, outside in the park might be way too cold.
    treehugger823

Answer by treehugger823 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• When is his birthday? I ask because my oldest will be 3 on October 13th :)

Anyway, for her first I rented this little picnic shelter on the beach. Mind you, we live in Florida so it was still hot outside. Anyway, only 1 other child came so I just decorated it lightly. It was mostly adults. I ordered pizzas and a cake and had her little smash cake. Really all you need is 2 hours, it takes about that much time to get the party started, open gifts, eat, and chat a little. Have fun
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• for my daughters first birthday we rented a pavillion at a park and cooked hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. Her birthday is october 4th.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2009