How do you handle post pregnancy hair loss?

After baby (like a lot of women) my lovely hair started to fall out. I am African American so I can go up to 2 weeks without the need to wash it. With that said I wash and condition mine once every week but my hair line (in front) is thinning. Do you guys know anything to help prevent it or something? I do take my prenantal pill...when I can remember lol

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i don't think you can prevent it i think it happens to every woman who gives birth, i have thick curly hair i wash it every couple days and tons of it falls out, i have to put a lot of conditioner on it and comb through it and it feels alot thinner after that. i don't have the thinning problem because i had a ton of hair before this but i don't think its preventable but it will grow back :)
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• lol ok......;)
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 11:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Make sure you do take your vitamins. You just spent 9 months giving your baby all your nutrients ,so your body could be lacking vitamins . Take multi-vitamins religiously and you should see a big improvement in no time , trust me i have had 3 kids been there done that lol!
    Beauty_Advisor

Answer by Beauty_Advisor at 2:25 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I had this same thing happen. Not fun! Make sure that you don't miss your prenatal vitamins. It will help. Also if you can make it a little longer than a week, even two extra days will help. You might even try buying a dry shampoo and wet washing one week and dry washing the next. You can usually buy these at beauty supply stores and our Target even has one. Don't wear your hair in any type of elastics, head bands or anything that might tug at it for a while. It can make the problem a lot worse. If you must wear your hair up for the night tie it as close to the nape of your neck as possible. Also try to keep your hands out of your hair. That should help! Congrats on the baby :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 5:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Oh and don't brush your hair use a detangling comb instead.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 5:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2009