When do you let your kids use a knife to cut their food?

When I was 9 years old my mother worked 2 full time jobs to support 3 kids (i was 9 my middle brother was 6 and my youngest brother was a baby) I took care of them most of the time. Even waking up in the middle of the night to change dipars and do feeding for my youngest brother and still went to school.. Well Today my youngest brother is 14 and i still take care of him alot and a few days ago i was over at my mothers house having dinner with everyone, my mother handed my brother a knife and a fork to eat with, just a simple "Here ya go!" .. I was sitting at the table and he sat next to me and he asked me to show him how to use/cut his food with it.. Shouldn't my mother have shown him this already?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Uh yea, my son is 6 and cuts his own food most of the time
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Wow, that is pretty old. I would say 8 or 9. I get worried when my son cuts his own meat and he is 10, but I realized he is pretty careful about it.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2009