Sex drive

I have lost mine. I was turned off of sex during my pregnancy and now baby is here (4 months)and it still hasn't came back in full force. Like I have desire (i think about it) but I can't get close to a man to want to do it.

I am embarressed to asked my doctor (there are always medical student around).

What could be up with me?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• it could be the birth control you are on, and i think every new mother ecspecially BF mothers get a drop in their sex drive. im 3 months PP and its finally going back to normal
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• not sure why your doctor always has a medical student around, that doesn't last for ever though with medical students doing their internship or residency studies.

Make an appointment for yourself and when you sign in tell the receptionist that you do not want a medical student in the exam room with you. Is a nurse ok in there ok with you if that's routine in that practice?

You have the right to be examined and talk only with your doctor not medical students.

Some doctors though, men and women too, won't see a patient without a nurse in the exam room too for ob gyn care. Just make your appointment and only see your doc and maybe a nurse.
    Anonymous

• Are you overly tired? Hormones still a bit off? So many things are possible so soon after having a baby.
    Make an appt with your doc, if the students are around, just be blunt and say that you do not want them in the room for your appt, it is your right to do that, and then speak to your doc about it. Like someone else mentioned though, it might be you, your doc, and nurse in the room but at least it wont be the students.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Are you in a relationship? I ask because you say you can't get close to a man to do it.. Do you mean your husband? If you're not in a relationship at all then that could be it. When I'm not in a relationship I have zero libido, just because it's not being stimulated by a person I'm attracted to. If you are in relationship and can't stand to be near him LOL, It's probably your hormones, could be postpartum depression, could be a lot of things. I know of many women who had similar issues. You should definitely speak with your doctor, but more than likely this is probably quite normal.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 12:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Im not in a relationship. The father of my son hurt me so I could be just scared to get hurt again. Dunno. Like I have never in my life had this feeling about sex before/ Not that its low and I am trying to boost it up or i cant wait til it comes back (the chance to have it). I just feels as if it is bad and I dont need it anymore. I dont like nothing to do with what is down there.

Yeah I could just be blunt and say I dont want one in the room (med student). I never liked them in the room while I was prego. I hated being seen as a lab rat or an "example". Un-nerving.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 3:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2009