i have a 5 week old baby that cries all the time

it doesrnt matter what i do he dont stop. its all day and all night. i need help. i have 2 other small children so i cant hold him all the time. some times when i hold him it helps but he seems like something may be hurting him he cries so hard. i got a doc app. but its a week away anything till then?

faith86

Asked by faith86 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry for you and your family. Sometimes babies do seem to cry all the time and nothing helps. You might try a sling. Studies show babies cry less when worn in a sling and you can get more done.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 11:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Colic maybe... Is he breast fed or formula fed? Try a different formula or eat something different. My 1st was colic. NOTHING I DID made her happy..Except car rides...
    When mixing formula use a spoon or formula mixer(less bubbles)and try a bottle that gets air out.. Do you swaddle?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Mine cried a lot when she was a baby and I put her in a baby swing and the constant movement seemed to help and being upright.. She had acid reflex sooo that is what was wrong with her. Good luck.
    rlapierre03

Answer by rlapierre03 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Is he colicky? Ive heard good things on Colic Calm Gripe Water if you think it could be colic. White noise is also known to be helpful for some reason. Motion too, like a swing, riding in the car, or a sling.
    Look too at what you are feeding him. If you are bf'ing, see if something you are eating might be upsetting his stomach. If you are ff'ing, check the formula.
    My ds had colic and I remember it being a nightmare for a bit..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Try gripe water, and look up the 5 s's. That worked for my baby and she had colic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Get a wrap type sling! Baby is happy and you have free hands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My money is on allergies.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:22 AM on Jul. 26, 2009