My daughter keeps pulling at her diaper..?

My daughter is 10 months old and she wears just a diaper around the house since it is so hot outside. She will sit on the floor and pull at her diaper.. Why is she doing this? She kinda scratches at it until the fuzz comes off and then she keeps doing it. I have checked to see if she has a rash or if it looks irritated and it doesn't.

casper4991

Asked by casper4991 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Trying to pull it off? or is it bothering her? If she is trying to get if off: Pink duct tape ;) WORKS wonders. Just make sure it doesn't get near her skin. If it is hurting her I would try a different brand or size diaper. I always had to change diapers around with my daughter..

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You may have to resort to putting her in a onsie type outfit or shorts of some kind to keep her from getting to her diaper.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• a sighn that shes about ready to potty train all my kids did that they will pick at their diaper cause they want it off and dont like the diaper feel anymore. so id give her a month or two and try training. good luck
    faith86

Answer by faith86 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My son has done this for about a month and he'll be 8 months old soon. I think it's just another thing to touch/scratch. I've never seen anything significant about it besides the fact that it makes a good joke about him scratching "himself". :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:19 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'd probably pick at it too if I was wearing paper and plastic undies LOL
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 12:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2009