I'm 8 months pregnant now. Does anyone want to share thier going into labor stories? What did you experience when you 1st went into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Water broke at 5:30AM on a Sunday morning at 36 weeks. Had an hour drive to the hospital. Ended up giving birth vaginally at 3:30PM.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 11:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I was having contractions for 3 days but they weren't strong enough to be kept in the hosp. I was a 3 and when I went in the third time the nurse said "your baby looks too high for you to be in labor" so they did an ultrasound and her head was in my ribs along with her feet. My water broke and I was instantly a 6, they tried to turn her but that didn't work (she is STILL very subborn). When her butt came down they rushed me in for an emergency C and she was born at 9:41. Happy, healthy and VERY alert!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My water broke at about 4am. ALL over the bed, the floor, the chair, and the towels in the car, it was never ending lol. The contractions came super fast, harder with each one. I wanted to deliver naturally, but I guess I wasn't as strong as I thought because I asked for the epidural about 4 or 5 hrs after my water broke. The epidural was great though. Couldn't feel anything until it was time to push. I pushed for almost 2 hours. It so painful, but it was worth it, especially when I saw her head of hair in the mirror. Just one more huge long push and she was out. She was born at 1:42 that afternoon.
    And not to scare you, but it WILL hurt. But just take it one contraction at a time.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• With my 1st don went into labor at noon gave birth the same day at 10.16 p.m. after 20min of push time. My 2nd son I was induced due to overdue. He was born 2 hours and 55min after they started the Pitocin and 5 min push time. I delivered both without pain meds even if it was painful, but in both cases it was already to late to administer an epi or other pain killers. And it hurt like hell, but only til I was holding them for the 1st time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• To make it short and sweet-

With my first, I was feeling a lil uncomfortable, and then my water broke at 10PM on her due date. I was in labor for 6 hours, had an epidural. She was born on Sept. 23, '03. In the wee hours of the morning! LOL I couldn't even move my toes without feeling the pain in the vadge. LOL...

With my second, I was up late one night. Couldn't sleep. SO was up with me. I knew it was approaching that time. I went to get something to eat at midnight. As I was driving there, I started getting cramps in my abdomen. They started moving to my spine/lower back. I got home, ate my food, and stayed up until a couple hours later. Like 2 am. They kept getting worse. So I went to use the restroom and a little blood came out when I wiped. I freaked, and called the doc. They said to go in. 6 hours later, I had my baby girl. I had an epidural with her as well. Pushed for far less time w/ her.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 12:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I was induced so I was in labor for a while. After my water broke my son's breathing wasn't good so I had to go have an emergancy c-section which I was totally fine with.. He was healthy and happy.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• With my first I had my membranes stripped at 40+5 (don't recommend it). I started getting crampy about 3 hours later, within an hour I was having contractions every 5 minutes lasting 45 seconds. (That was around 3pm) I waited for my husband to get home and showered, then we went to the midwife's clinic. (Around 8). By then I have having contractions every 5 minutes lasting 1 minute. Got there and they slowed down to every 8 minutes. We had the option to go home, but decided to stay. I labored with my husband and sister until 2am, when my water broke. By 2:15 I was pushing and at 2:30 my son was born.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:58 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I was four days overdue. We tried walking to get me to go into labor but it didn't work. So we went to bed late one night and decided to try sex to get me to go into labor. We were right in the middle of foreplay when I heard a pop. It sounded like a joint popping. I get up and leaked my way to the bathroom and realized that my water broke.

This was about 1am. I called my midwife's office and was told to go ahead to the hospital so they could monitor my fluid, levels and all that. By 1:30am I was having serious labor pain and my contractions were already around 7 minutes apart. I got stadol around 4am because it had gotten to the point where I just couldn't take it and I was tired since i hadn't gotten any sleep. Plus the fact that right after each contraction it felt as if my darling baby girl was trying to tear her way out of me. The stadol made the pain tolerable enough that I could sleep between contractions. (cont.)
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I guess it was around 7am that they told me that I could push if I felt like it and eventually encouraged me to push. But I was still getting that intolerable pain right after every contraction. I pushed for 3 hours. Yes that's right. 3 hours I pushed. We finally came to the conclusion that she must be stuck as my midwife could see her head it just wouldn't fit through.

Sometime after 10am I told my midwife I just couldn't do it anymore and they got me prepped. She was born at 11:27 am. From the time my water broke until they cut her out of me it only took 10 1/2 hours. If I hadn't pushed for 3 hours, it would only have taken about 8 hours total.

I think that her being stuck was what made her thrash or whatever she was doing that was really killing me. The contractions I could deal with, it was her doing whatever she was doing that I couldn't handle.

She is a beautiful 2 1/2 year old now. God I love her!
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• im six months and i am just as nervous
    DesignDiva21

Answer by DesignDiva21 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2009