i need help with going to court for the first time

i had a ppo put on my abuser, and hes pettioning it i have it on aug. 4th of 2009
help walk me thorug hwhatt he judge may say thanks..cort

cortney15k

Asked by cortney15k at 11:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Don't expect the court room drama you see on tv. Your case will be called and your abuser and his lawyer unless he is representing himself will come up to the lawyers table. You will come up to to the lawyers table as well with your attourney unless you are representing yourself. The court will review why they are there and your abuser will present evidence as to why he should have it disolved and you will present evidence as to why the ppo should stay in effect. The judge will look bored and then rule.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 11:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Whatever you do stay in control of yourself, and look and act like a responsible, calm, decent person. Once at a custody trial my mom threw a shoe at my dad, and hit him. Well, that didnt go over so well. So keep the drama on the outside, it will all be over soon.
    I do also second the first answer in that it is a sort of borring matter-of-fact deal that isnt reality TV, its reality, so it would be in your best interest to treat it as such.
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 12:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Don't say anything unless asked and be calm. We were in the Judge's chambers instead of the court room. They hid me in the closet so he wouldn't get to me. He had called and said I'd never live to make it to court that day so when i called the courthouse to tell them that the police escorted my car to the courthouse and watched me go in (early). They hid me until time for court. he came in with his attorney. The attorney and judge did the talking mostly. It went fine and I stayed until he was out of the parking lot. He never bothered me again unless it was with his attorney.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I just got done with this. If you are scared of him, explain it to the judge also make sure he can not go near your work, gym, pool,ect you know.
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• WELL ALL I GOT TO SAY IS STEP UP TAKE THE RESPONSIBITY
    molly900

Answer by molly900 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009