What should I do with my children

Well my kid get board and I want to speend time withe her.

lile27

Asked by lile27 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Take walks- after a meal, maybe breakfast so it's not too hot, but you get the exercise and get to talk about things. Sometimes it's better to talk this way rather than face to face.

Go to the craft store together and look for something to do together perhaps for your home or to give someone as a blessing.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Gosh.. the list is endless. Take her to the park, or a theme park, museums, local festivals, farmer's market, volunteer at a local charity together. Check your paper for free movies in the park (if you have that), or other local events... Take her to the library. Get some cheap board games, cards, DVD games, chalk, finger paints, puzzles with 300 pieces or more. My son and I do a huge puzzle over the course of a few weeks.. a couple pieces every night.

I think it's fantastic you want to spend time with your child and interact with her, but if you've played with her for hours or days and she still says she's bored, she'll need to entertain herself in the yard or her bedroom so you can have some "mom" time.

Have fun!!!
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 1:25 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Get to know her. She is deep and complicated. Find yourself in her, find your husband in her and then find her in her. How? Poke at her intellectually. What gets her moving? Animals, babies, plants, sports, math, debates, art, books? Then expand that and make it a part of her. If she feels talented in that area, chances are she WILL be. You will also learn more about not only her but yourself. Also, get her involved in social activites such as soccer or music lessions. Ask her what she wants to do, if she says I dont know, give options. If you dont have enough cash, put up a rope will do or a volleyball net and play, eventually others might join in, maybe not the first day. Its summer, take advantage! Another good thing, is give an example. Dont sit on the couch all day or at the computer all day. Get yourself busy doing gardening, yoga, cleaning so she sees that life is only boring if youre boring. I need to do that too!
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 1:58 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Any time is good time with your children. Whether watching a movie, playing a game, or going out to the mall. You've got to remember, what did you love most about the time with your family or would have liked. I just know that my kids love me to play any kind of game with them, or let them help me in the kitchen. They are at that age, they want to feel helpful. Of course it has to be fun, lol. Hope this helps.
    Catina12

Answer by Catina12 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• my kids love to put puzzles togeather, with me... or play games, they love to play rummy, cards..
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 5:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2009