Child protective services....can they take your child away if...?

...the home I live in is sometimes cluttered? Not dirty, not a pigsty, not garbage, not anything like that...just average clutter. ...if I don't have working turn signals on my car at the moment? I'm in the process of a divorce/soon to be child custody battle with my husband, and he is threatening to call CPS on me. Just checking if I should be worried....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• if you're that worried, clean your house
    Anonymous

• no, there is no rule against clutter. CPS won't bother you about the car but for your safety you need to get it fixed. Go to autozone or some auto parts place and they will put in new bulbs for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Not unless your house is dirty or a safety hazard. It sounds like you need to contact an attorney to fight you soon to be ex.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• CPS isn't has horrible as it seems, though it does vary from district to district and depends on the actual agent. You're husband is threatening it because he knows he's scaring you and it's working. Don't let him control your emotions. My uncle's ex girlfriend used to do the same. For years he was terrified and did everything she wanted. I promise you, next time he makes the threat, tell him to go ahead. The worst that will happen is they will show up. You will politely invite them in with a smile and tell them you were expecting them because you're in a custody battle with your ex and he threated to call. Agents know immediately if abuse is involved and truthfully they don't like their time wasted on custody battles. Best case, he stops threatening it because he knows you're not afraid anymore. Clean up the clutter and fix the car. Case closed. :)
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 12:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• no actually, i HAD to call CPS on a girl i knew - she had her child out in the HEAT, camping, for weeks without feeding, bathing, or even electricity. the little girl was very underweight and coincidentally when CPS found her, shed just had a bath and they continued to let her live in those conditions.. i just dont understand.
    but dont worry, kids cause A LOT of clutter, which is very hard to pick up while changing diapers, making meals, and doing all the household chores.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I think they are more concerned with the children and their welfare. And dude, just use a turn signal - it is just polite. Have the kids help you clean the house. I was always assigned to clean the kitchen growing up, my sister the liviing room - and I (being the older) HAD to clean the pool and do laundry.
    NLAnnabel

Answer by NLAnnabel at 12:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• BEF0RE CPS SH0WS UP THE P0LiCE DEPTARTMENT D0ES. AND THEY P0KE AR0UND F0R A MiN AND ASK A FEW QUESTi0NS AND THEY DECiDE IF CPS iS NECESSARY. MY DAUGHTERS Bi0L0GiCAL FATHER TRiED T0 HAVE MY DAUGHTER TAKEN AWAY FR0M ME BECAUSE i W0ULDN'T SEND HER CAUSE HE WAS THREATENiNG T0 KiDNAP HER. iF THEY G0 AND SEE A AVERAGE H0USEH0LD AND Y0U ARE A N0RMAL PERS0N RAiSiNG Y0UR KiDS THEY LEAVE AND CALL THE 0THER PARENT AND iNF0RM THEM THERE iS N0THiNG T0 W0RRY AB0UT. AND THEY KEEP 0N REC0RD THAT THAT PARENT CALLED iN CASE THEY TRY T0 KEEP CALLiNG CPS F0R BS REAS0NS. AS FAR AS THE CAR THEY D0N'T CARE AB0UT Y0UR BLiNKERS. C0PS MiGHT 0N THE FREEWAY BUT CPS W0N'T. CPS iS THERE iF THE C0NDiTi0NS ARE HARSH. iT WiLL ACTUALLY MAKE HiM L00K BAD iF HE CALLS THEM 0N Y0U AND THERE'S N0THiNG WR0NG WiTH Y0UR PLACE. LET HiM ACT AS HE PLEASES iF Y0U FEEL Y0UR CHiLDREN ARE SAFE AND TAKiN CARE 0F D0N'T STRESS.
    Mommy-N-07-N-09

Answer by Mommy-N-07-N-09 at 7:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2009