Are you sick of the pro-breastfeeding journals yet?

I am so sick of the pro0breastfeeding journals that state the same statistics and the same " If you don't like it look away" statements. All I got to say is that being in public is a honor not a privlege and if someone doesn't like what you are doing. Deal with it. WTF cares how you feed your kid? Not me that is for sure. If breastfeeding is best for your baby. Great. If you are doing it in public deal with whatever comments or looks you may get. I am also so sick of the statement " It is for the comfort of my baby and I don't care how uncomfortable you or your kids may be" that is asking for a comment to be said right there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i agree, i think if ppl want to breastfeed, then fine but don't shove your opinions about it down the throats of moms who choose not to.... i am not going to breastfeed my son, it's my choice and it's what will work best for me, the baby, my daughter and husband
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I think you are putting your own insecurities onto others. You DON"T have to read them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I also get sick of seeing them.... I very rarely see any anti breastfeeding ones.... so I don't understand the need for all the pro-breastfeeding ones...... I did bf my LO until now we are weaning at about 7 months.... but I don't understand the whole powertrip about it.....
    Marcia9043

Answer by Marcia9043 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I agree!!! I don't care if people bf in public! I ff, but have NO PROBLEM with a bfing mother! I haven't seen anyone give bfing mothers dirty looks and if I DID bf, i'd do it in public just to piss people off! Guess that's me tho.... It is true, you don't have to read those journals and such but I saw one that I thought was different and ended up being that instead! So I just clicked away.... I wish we could settle this "war" between mothers who bf and feel the ENTIRE world is against them for it! If it is THAT bad, no wonder people choose formula! LOL I feel they are making a statement against themselves
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• How am I insecure? Maybe the dozens of pro-breastfeeding journal writers are insecure because they constantly need a boost for breastfeeding. Who cares? Really?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Nope Im not tired of it.Your welcome to make pro formula feeding journals just not sure they will be voted popular,which is why you keep coming across them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• No.. For every breastfeeding story. journal. ect ect.. we read it is another chance for a new mother or soon to be mom to learn more about nursing.. There are MANY women out there that have NEVER been around breastfeeding. Therefor they automatically think it must be something they cannot do.. If their own mothers/sisters/aunts/friends did not try, they why should they?..
    For every journal out there its a chance for positive change!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Just ignore it. I am pro-breast feeding, but I have friends who aren't and let me know about it. I just can't stand the women who go overboard. Not everybody has the same experience and yes, I breastfed, but do I agree with the lady sitting on a bus half naked with a 5yr old hanging off her boob? NO!

My cousin's anti breastfeeding and doesn't believe anyone should go through a "natural birth" where they don't have drugs and have to do it vaginally. It's almost like I'm the outcast in my family LOL, So, even though I have an opposite view about breastfeeding, I still have the people who think they're always right and better than everybody in my face.

Like I said, ignore it and do what's best for you.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I like to know that I'm not alone in my passion for breastfeeding. No matter what anyone says, formula feeding is NEVER best for baby. It might be most convenient for you, but it's never the best thing for your baby. And I like knowing that even though we are in the minority in this country (80% of American babies recieve formula), we are not a silent minority.

I gladly accept the ugly stares and comments I get in public. But I do have the right to be offended at someone's bad attitude about doing what is the best thing for my child, and I'll journal about it if I want to get it off my chest.

Really, it's no big deal. It's just trying to spread the word and give every baby the chance at having the very best start in life.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I agree with the statement do what you feel is best for your child, but don't shove your opinions down my throat.
    livn4betterdayz

Answer by livn4betterdayz at 12:24 AM on Jul. 26, 2009