Ughhh men. dating question

I have been dating this guy for a couple months now. First let me say 90% of my closest friends are male, have been around me my whole life. So I was going out last night and told the guy im dating i would try to stop by his house before I left. For lack of time I couldnt (had a scheduled event). By time I got to where i was going i forgot to call him, he texted me at 2am, saying that i was messed up. I explained my running late and appologized then went to sleep. He texts me a lil bit ago saying that i was so messed up and hanging out with guys is the same as cheating. I told him i was done with him, that i would not stop hanging out with my friends for anyone. He cont to say i make excuses and put words in his mouth. My ? is, is it wrong to cont to be with your male friends? go out together? Would anyone consider "chilling" with the guys cheating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• No, its definetly not cheating.. It'd be different if you were in a relationship and seeking friendships with other guys, but thats clearly not the situation. You shouldnt even consider losing friends over a possible relationship and any grown man should understand that.
    regardless, he may have some insecurities.. ?
    if you've never broken his trust, he doesnt have a reason to NOT trust you, so beware of any jealous tendencies! hope it helps!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• as long as you're not making out with them or having sex with them then it's not cheating
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I think when you are with the right man he will understand your friendships and not feel threatened by them.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 12:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• No, not making out or having sex lol. I keep a very small group of friends and most are male. They are guys that Ive grown up around and act like big brothers to me. I have 4 close guys that I hang out with, we go to events together and hang out. Card night and they attend my chidrens school plays, concerts, bdays, they babysit on occasion too.. I just dont get it. My only thought is he might be guilty of something and has a dirty concsious. hmmm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• No, it's not cheating. I too, have many guy friends. I just dumped a guy myself 3 days ago for the same crap. This guy you're dating sounds really insecure and needy. Dump him and move on. Your guy friends will tell you the same thing.

p.s are any of your "brothers" cute and available?
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 12:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Sounds like he has low self esteem. What is his history with women? Have you talked about it or just texted? I HATE texting. My Fiance and I have codes - like cwuc - meaning "call when you can."
    NLAnnabel

Answer by NLAnnabel at 12:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• HAHA coolgirl, unfortunatly they are all either dating or married. Im the single one in the group. lol. Im not to sure what his history with women is, he goes to a club my brother bounces at and i always run a guy through my bio-brother first, he said that he would see him at the club talking n flirting with all kinds of girls. I have tried to talk to him face to face when hes over here, but when i do he just says im wrong and then gets up to leave. He tells me i dont understand what its like to have 3 kids all the time (he has his son for the summer, just won custody of his daughter and has a foster son). I tell him hello i have 2 that i raise alone. He is 29 and when i try to have an adult convo i feel like im talking to a 5yr old that just didnt get a piece of bubble gum. its 9:14am here and no crzy text or call yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• it's ok to have guy friends but not tell som1 ur coming over and not call ! I would hav been pissed too. Also, if you have kids, why r u out partying all night? How could u "forget" to call someone u were supposed to meet up with?In this situation, you were the rude one. He probably felt like whoever u were with must have been more important. How could he not feel that way? I hope you're not so flaky with your kids...
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 1:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• For ranedare, to say im flaky sorry you dont have a life. If you would have read my question right you would have seen I said I had a scheduled event I wasnt out partying, for my work, I book events for a band and i go with the local band to any gigs they have scheduled. I was running late to get the band set up so calling someone that wasnt part of that evening wasnt on my mind. I also said that I told him I would try, i didnt say i was supposed to meet up with him. By your answer you seem a little flaky yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2009