Who saw HP & The Half Blood Prince? Spoiler...do not open if you haven't read the book or seen the movie and don't want to know the ending

I saw it opening weekend and I was pretty disappointed. I've read all 7 books and so far they've been pretty good at sticking to the story line in the books in previous movies. I know they've got to cut bits and pieces out b/c of the time restraints on movies but adding in scenes that aren't in the books and leaving out main charaters or huge scenes from the book? Thats what made it bad for me. I was disappointed that they left out Dumbledores funeral, Fleur and Bill aren't in the movie, Tonks and Lupin only have 1 scene (and it was the one that isn't in the book) many of the memories Dumbledore gathers about Voldemort are left out, etc. They changed too much with this movie and for people who haven't read the books the 7th movie part 1 and 2 might be confusing if Bill and Fleur are in it and when Harry searches for the Horacrux's people won't know how he knew about all of them unless they change the whole story.Thoughts?

amyrw

Asked by amyrw at 12:13 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• i read the last book and honestly the only thing in the movie that i recognized was the word horacrux..lol but yea i was a little dissapointed tooo...dh didnt read the book and he was too....guess they are saving all the guts for the last movie
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 12:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i hope
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 12:50 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Well I know they are splitting it up into two movies so I'm hoping they really stick to the book as much as possible. I guess I had high expectations for this movie though because all the others have been fairly close to the books and they really only left out small parts from the books that weren't all that important to get the actual story across.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 2:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Bill has been missing from the whole series of movies. I'm kind of disappointed; I'd like to have seen him. But I also understand the contraction of characters; the tapestry is very crowded.

I have a feeling that if they keep the wedding form Book 7, it will be for Lupin and Tonks instead.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I haven't seen it yet, but it is my favorite book of the series and I just KNEW they were going to mess it up. I'll go just for the fact that Tom Felton is on screen more and it's about time.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:47 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I didn't think it was bad, but then again, it has been 2 years since I read the book so there was likely a whole lot I forgot. I am glad that they are going to split the last book into to movies. That makes me hopeful that they will cover more.
    MamaJAG

Answer by MamaJAG at 9:21 AM on Jul. 26, 2009