i may sound crazy paranoid but....

i had my mirena iud removed on thursday, and we olan on ttc in a few months. well, i had some spotting the previous saturday (a week ago today), and i thought that was my period. i did not have a normal cycle since march 07 (pregnant, then bf and iud). so i ASSUMED that was it for this month. i had no spotting when i had the iud removed, until today. it was heavier than last week, but still just spotting.
dh and i did have sex wed, the day before removal. i got pregnant before while using bc pill and condoms. so even though there would still be hormones present, i know its possible for me to get pregnant w the hormones.

my question then is, what would be the chances of me beng pregnant now and this being implantation bleeding? since the mirena does not prevent the egg from being fertilized, just from being implanted. i know there is the possibility of the sperm fron the night before meeting up w that egg.

erika_wright

Asked by erika_wright at 12:15 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It it always possible but it sounds highly improbable to me. Get a test but don't be disappointed if it comes back negative.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 12:17 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• yeah like i said, i may just be crazy. i will take a test in about 12 days, since that would be the time table if i was pregnant. im not counting on it though.
    thanks!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2009