Is anyone else newlywed and feel like there marriage is failing?

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 12:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• how lng did yall date before u got married?
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I felt like that. It's an adjustment period. My best advice is to talk talk talk. Don't let anything go unsaid, but make sure that you are as kind as you can possibly be about it. And ask him to do the same. I know it's hard, but I've been married almost 3 years now and my marriage is a happy one. We all have our ups and downs, you just have to weather the bad times. If you stick it out you will make it. Don't give up!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'm with ATi. It's hard adjusting to this type of change. We've been married a year this past June, and there are times when I'm not sure if I'm cut out for this. I think it's because I'm "stuck" in a good way, and I cant just up ad leave when I'm pissed. This is the learning stage, you have to learn each other, and from each other. This is where you find out what really drives you nuts (even if u lived together pre maritally) and communication is the best way to deal with it. We like to play a game, especially during a "moody" week, "what about me drives you crazy?" we take turns telling each other, and keeping an open mind with a willingness to change or agree to disagree, and we usually end up laughing at each other, and it makes us closer.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• First year of marriage is the hardest. It gets better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2009