does anyone use similac alimentum for their infant?

my 2 month old is very gassy, spits up a lot- even hrs after he has eaten. he is not sleeping well and when he does it is only in his swing or bouncer. even if he falls dead asleep on me and i try to put him in the bassinet, he wakes right up. it seems like he is most comfortable upright. our Dr suggested the alimentum formula so i was wondering if anyone switched to this from the regular similac and if it helped.

AgentBrez

Asked by AgentBrez at 7:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was the same way it was soo irritating! I never thought of using a different formula... wish I would have. But my daughter grew out of it at about 3 months, so if your lucky yours will too.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 8:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• yup, i used it with my son. it helped a little. I also used grip water...that was GRREEEAATTT
    CoolYourWorld

Answer by CoolYourWorld at 8:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• We used Similac for our 1st and Similac Advance for our 2nd. I know from friends' kids that switching formulas can cause odd reactions so watch for that, if your MD recommended it then I'd be OK with that.

You may also want to try Mylicon drops, my son realllllly got happier after we added those to the bottles. It is a hassle to mix though, it has to go traight in the mouth or with 1 oz of formula.

Also check what kind of bottles you're using, we had better luck with slow-flow Avent nipples even at later ages, I have friends who swear by Doc Browns. Not sure if those have bPA or not though...

Hope this helps!!
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Axl used it but it was due to when he had Reflux. It helped "some". Fallon (3 months old) has tummy problems as well and her doctor put her on Similac Sensitive and it seems to help better.
    jandyrodax

Answer by jandyrodax at 9:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I was just reading one of the other replies...regarding Gripe Water. If you haven't already tried it you should. It has been a life saver for us on more than one occassion with Fallon. I only wish I had known about it when Axl was a baby.
    jandyrodax

Answer by jandyrodax at 9:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Gripe water. Get it at a health food store and it will change your life. The gas drops can be used with it and they help too.
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 1:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• i used reg. similac at first, then she was unhappy... then i tired the similac isomil and she was happier at first but then after about two weeks she started getting fussy again ands letting out these very painful cries. After switching to alimentum she has been so much happier... if i had another baby i would put it on that right away instead of seeing if she gets unhappy on other kinds.... thats not fair to the baby
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 8:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2008