Milton's whole wheat crackers instead of meat?

Sometimes I will eat about half a serving of wheat crackers like 9 the serving is 14.These have 6grms of fat,1gr. of fiber I thought they had more]2 proteins,they're satisfying and then I will eat a handful of raw almonds for a snack,oh I forgot the crackers have 19 gr. of carbs per serving.I'm trying to cut back on my meat consumption and I hear vegetarians eat crackers alot and their so thin,is this a good diet snack?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Crackers aren't a great snack. They can be high in salt and not very nutritious. Fruits and vegies are good snacks. High in nutrients and low in calories.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Yeah,I have gotten into the habit of eating;Triscuits or ALL Bran crackers because I like how they fill me up,then I don't grab something sweet but I only eat them when I'm hungry running thru the store,they're like my little pick me ups,but I do have to watch out for salt and carbs,I'm not that concerned about the fat,it's better than meat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Instead of crackers (kind of a nutritional wasteland) substitute beans, tofu, lentils, seitan, etc.

Feel free to contact me offlist for recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 10:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2009