do you Bumbo?

I just read an article calling Bumbo chair's a "perversion of nature". My kids both adored theirs as babies... my son was one of the 1st USA kids to own one long before they were $25 at Target... they were special order in a boutique direct from South Africa for over double that. Do parents really hate them, think they're evil? I thought when used safely they're a Godsend

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• I DEFINETLY BUMBO!!!
    i personally think it helps babies learn how to support theirselves better.. but it also allows them to look around. in a swing, bouncy seat, or even a boppy pillow, they're layed back and can get fussy if theyre just a little tired, but the bumbo allows them to sit big and see everyone and everything!
    i LOVE it, and all the children in my family have too!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I don't have one, but not because I think they are a bad thing! I actually hadn't heard anything bad about bumbo's until now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I had never heard that people hate them, but no, I did not have them for my kids and would not keep one if someone gave one to me. I would rather hold my baby or let him or her lay in a bouncy seat or on a blanket. Why do you say people describe them as evil?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:37 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Nope I like to wear my babies. Still sitting up and learning to support themselves but close to my body. I'm not against people using Bumbos as long as they arent stupid about it.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 12:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My son didn't care too much for his bumbo. He always sat on his knees though so the bumbo didn't work for that.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My daughter loved hers. She still climbs in to sit when shes playing.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 1:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• We did with my son at the park or in the living room surrounded by toys I would lay next to him and show him books and pics!! But his thighs got to chunky after like 7 months to use it anymore and it was like 45 bucks when we bought it.
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 3:40 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• what is bumbo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• DS had one. We loved it, he could play with his sibs and didn't have to be constantly laying down, so he LOVED it.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 3:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I don't hate them or think they are evil at all...that is silly.
    But I also don't buy more items than is necessary. All 3 of my children learned to sit on their own without the aid of any boppies or bumbos so I think my granddaughter (whom I'm raising) will do fine learning on her own, too. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2009