What is the best way to get rid of cradle cap?

My baby is 13 months old. I give her a bath about 3 times a week (she has really dry skin and I don't want to dry it out more) and I scrub her head with a baby brush everytime and has since the day she was born but now she is getting cradle cap. My oldest never had it so I am not sure about how to get rid of it. Thanks!

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when he was a baby, my son's was so bad the oils did not work. we ended up using Scalpicin product, just keep it in mind if these kinder gentler things don't take away the cradle cap....
    DanaWar

Answer by DanaWar at 9:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Lather on baby oil, let it rest and then use a fine tooth comb to comb/scrap it off. You only need to do this every couple of months.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 12:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Olive oil works very well. I use a baby brush to rub it in and help scrub the stuff off.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 12:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• my sons went away right away after i started putting lotion on his head after every bath i just did top of head to bottom of feet with lotion
    littleleesmom

Answer by littleleesmom at 3:29 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Baby Oil rubbed on the area, and brush off or a baby comb. Good Luck!
    dbrooks91

Answer by dbrooks91 at 7:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Baby oil & olive oil are both good! Put it on your baby hea let sit for a few minutes rub it in good & use a fine tooth comb to try to gently scrape it off
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 7:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• baby oil leave it on couple of hours b sure not 2 get it in babys eyes little bits at a time as when oil warms frm babys head can drip dwn un2 childs face ,, use a baby soften tooth brush and use talk powder ,, it defo works xx
    hotty9183

Answer by hotty9183 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I just read to rub in some baby oil at night and let it soak and then rinse in the morning. Just tried it too!
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 8:21 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Burts Bees makes a product called apricot oil, keep on using your baby brush at bath tim, but put on the apricot oil 3-4 times a day. I have found this works awesome, my son had really bad cradle cap, now I use it for my elbows!! CVS sells Burts Bees and maybe target!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• do what everyone else suggested, but don't be aggressive or obsessive about this.

the best cure is time.
    MamaBear1001

Answer by MamaBear1001 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 26, 2009