Where can I find the best Autism programs in Chicago IL. for my two sons?.

Hello,

I am glad to have finally find a website on Autism and have parents I can relate with.

Our sons Ethan (will be 4 November 25th---has speech delay but not as bad) and Nathan (will be 3 December 7th- --has no verbal currently in early intervention) both have Autism.

It has been extremely stressful and at times down right depressing. My husband and I however fight for our children. We have to no one else will. I am glad that they both have it because, I have been given to sons with a gift. I have no anger or resentment at all. I am so happy to have found this group. My husband is currently having to go back into the Army after 6 years and 3 tours overseas. The schools here are not having a preschool because, of funding.
Also, we cannot find anyone that has the room to fit them both in or the resources. I am beyond frustrated. Therefore my husband is going to go back into the Army and get our boys the best help possible

dianewatson

Asked by dianewatson at 12:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I forgot to mention that I found other states with more funding and resources. Several people have told me that IL. is behind in Autism research. I just couldn't believe it!. One state we are looking into right now is Texas. Does anyone have any idea where I can get the best help for them?.. Please help. Thank You
    dianewatson

Answer by dianewatson at 12:37 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• If you are a resident of the city, there are many schools with great special ed programs; I have a good friend who teaches TMH at Jones; contact me if you would like some suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2009