how do you loose ur wic?.........

ok my brothers girlfriends mom lost her wic.....shes on section 8 dont have a job and gets food stamps and govt assistance....how could she of lost her wic????

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 12:45 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• She didn't keep appointments or give them proof.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Wic is a separate program from food stamps and I think you can lose it by not making the appointments, or rescheduling for more than 3 times for the same appointment. Also you can only get it for a certain amount of time, until the child is like, 5 years of age. Not sure on the exact age there but it's fairly young.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• well then that is pretty dumb of her considering she formula feeds adn now dont get wic how can she pay for the formula she dont have a job and hardly any income.....she is sooo lazy she has been reling on the govt to help her im 25 my oldest child is 4 and she is 30 and he oldest is 17 and she has been living like this since she had her oldest adn her baby is 8 months im just worried that the baby isnt being takin care of and the father of the child beats her and they do drugs together her daughter the one that my brother is dating she is 15 and shes always at my moms house since the father of the baby is back in the picture becasue the mom treats her older kids like crap when he comes around......its just a big mess and i feel sorry for the kids ......i cant help though cuz i got two kids of my own to take care of and im on a tight income hubby lost his job.....so would wic let her get back on it?????
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• She'll have to reapply.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Call child protective services.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:58 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• my mom said she is going to call she sees more of what goes on then i do i just hear about it
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• She didn't go to the meetings they have or she didn't provide info? IDK, it is pretty hard to do something that would make you lose WIC.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• If her child is over the age of 5 she is automatically taken off. Also if she continues to not bring in the paperwork they ask for
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• her kids could be over 5,
    or didn't make her appointment.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 1:14 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• If she is still on Section 8, and still receiveing food stamps, then she would still qualify for WIC, she had to have done something to lose it....the only reason I can think of is she didn't keep her appointments.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 26, 2009