wic

i'm thinking about applying but idk how to go about it, what all would i need to take with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• take proof of income and a rent stub or proof of where u live.....do you have kids yet if so how old are they? they would need there shot reocord and if ur pregnant they need proof of ur pregnancy even if ur showing
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• They'll tell you online or if you call. It's probably your kids' ss numbers as well as yours.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• what about my dh? i need to take his check stubs? i'm afraid we make too much $ but it's worth a shot right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• dont mentin ur dh if they ask just say he dont work
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:58 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i had my dh on there then i got scared that i would loose it so i just told them he quit his job to take care of the kids cuz child care cost to much
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• it says this:

you will be evaluated for a nutritional risk which is the other main qualifying factor in determining benefit eligibility for pregnant, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants and children under 5.

does that mean that i (pregnant) and my 3 y/o will have to be seen by sone hole in the wall doctor?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• no the people at wic just want a paper from ur sons doc and ur doc and his shot record adn then when u go they weigh u thats all they did with me
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:03 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• You can't say you husband doesn't work. You can have more income for WIC than you can for other programs like food stamps. Go to google.com and type in WIC income guidelines and your state's name. You will find all the info you need. You also have to have a nutritional or health reason for WIC.

In my state a family of four can have an income of over $3000 and still get WIC. If you breastfeed the mom gets food for a year, or until she weans.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 1:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• when they count it as a family of four, they count me, my dh, our dd & the unborn baby right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• yes
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:08 AM on Jul. 26, 2009