Can Torticollis cause an infants spine to curve?

My daughter who is now 4 months always has her chin literally resting on her right shoulder. She has been favoring her right side pretty much since birth, but only became more noticeable within the last 2 months. We also noticed that her back seems to be a little curved. We have an appointment in August with a Neurosurgeon, but what I want to know is can torticollis cause an infants spine to curve?

Laylas_Mommy09

Asked by Laylas_Mommy09 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Curvature of the spine is scoliosis, not sure if it can be caused by Torticolis, but I can see if being a partial cause..weak muscles caused Torticolis...so weak muscles around the spine could cause it to curve. I have Scoliosis, have since birth and have been just fine...but I was followed by a doctor through the years, make sure to get it all check out!!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2009