The truth About Bottled Water... What do you think?

I just read an article about bottled water...I thought it was very interesting. I don't usually buy bottled water unless we're on a trip or something. We have a filtering system in the house and the refridgerater filters it also

What do you think about the article?
Does it make you not want to buy bottled water?

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/34361/the-truth-about-bottled-water/

HannahLee87

Asked by HannahLee87 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I couldn't get the link to work, but I already don't drink bottled water. I don't drink it because I think all those bottles are a waste to the environment - making them and disposing them, and because of the BPAs in plastic bottles. Plus I think it's silly to pay that much for water when I can get it practically for free at home. I have three reusable water bottles and a travel cup that I use. I use the travel cup for around town and then fill up the three reusable bottles when we travel and pour them into the travel mug as needed.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It doesn't really bother me. I buy a 24 pack of bottled water for $4 once every two weeks. I drink water from my Brita filter at home, and have the bottled water just for random occasions when I'm running to work and forgot to get something else, or I'm really thirsty on my way to the park, etc. It's not my usual way of drinking water, but I'm ok with doing it every once in awhile.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:55 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I already knew that most bottled waters were just filtered tap water, unless it says spring water and cites a source on the bottle chances are it's filtered tap water. I rarely buy bottled water, usually just for when we're having people over or camping, just for the convenience of it. My boys have big Gatorade water bottles, like sports teams use, that they use for when they have their sports or to take to school. I keep a jug of water in the fridge to keep it cold, and we have excellent tap water here. I've actually toured our water treatment facility and talked to the engineer about what our water undergoes for treatment. It was very interesting and I trust my water even more now.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Is that about how bottled water is mostly filtered tap water? Already knew that. When we lived in PA our tap water tasted bad so we bought the cheapest bottled water we could get at Wal-mart. I cracked up when I read where it was bottled: from the municipal water supply of Buffalo, NY. Whatever as long as it tasted like water.
    I only buy bottled water when we are out because it's easy. We usually reuse the bottles and I drink tap water at home (unfiltered). The kids drink the filtered water from the fridge mostly simply because it is easy for them to get.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2009