single mom due in november... how do prepare myself for that role?

my boyfriend and i just broke up and i guess i'll be raising my daughter myself.. Is harder early on or does it get hard as she gets older? how do you keep it together when the pressure of life wanna tear you down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• You look at your beautiful baby, and know that everything you do is for her. You have so much to look forward to, and many many years of raising your precious daughter...and she will be worth anything you may endure. I promise you, although times may get tough, one look from her, one sweet smile, the first time you hear the word "mama" and any negativity will just melt away. You keep it together for HER. Because she is the most important thing in your life now.

Congrats on your little one!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i would think it would be harder later rather than now, good luck! i'm due november 8th.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• good luck
    my son is almost 6 and i have been on my own with him from day1
    look up a christian pregnancy center in your area they can help you with supplies, counceling, parenting classes ect
    also i wish i knew how to tell you how i have pulled though, but i honestly dont know, when the goin gets rough the mommy super hero cape comes out
    lol
    good luck!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:03 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It truly takes a village to raise a child. Start building up a network of family and friends that you both can rely on. And make sure to file for child support as soon as your baby is born.

The first few months may seem hard, but the truly challenging years begin around 10.

Good luck

Answer by rkoloms at 10:40 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• 3 things: Don't feel sorry for yourself, don't blame anyone else for your problems (take full responsibility), and don't count on anyone that is unreliable. Be a strong independant woman and you'll be just fine. :)
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• "You look at your beautiful baby, and know that everything you do is for her. You have so much to look forward to, and many many years of raising your precious daughter...and she will be worth anything you may endure. I promise you, although times may get tough, one look from her, one sweet smile, the first time you hear the word "mama" and any negativity will just melt away. You keep it together for HER. Because she is the most important thing in your life now.

Congrats on your little one! "

Ditto. I'd try and get some help lined up if you can, it's tough after they're born, adjusting to mommyhood, even harder single mommy hood.!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 6:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2009