Christians,do you know you have to DIE to yourself?

Jesus said,if anyone will come after Me,let him deny himself,take up his cross and follow Me.What does that mean Die to yourself?It means we are still part of the world but our priorities and our values are differenter than the worlds.What are the worlds priorites?Sex,drugs, money, and rock n' roll.You can still listen to music as long as it's the kind that doesn't influence you to what's wrong.I think Britney Spears music influences me to be sexually immoral so I don't listen to it, I also don't watch R rated movies that have alot of bad language,violence, and immoral acts.Praying everyday helps me to live a clean life because I'm a better person when I allow God to control my life,instead of me doing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think the Holy Spirit quickens us to things that we should or should not be doing. Ever since I became a true Christian, I have changed the way I look at things. I TRY not to use profane language, be mean or think mean thoughts about people, watch things that support or endorse immorality (movies that take the Lord's name in vain, sexual content that incites lust or ungodly thoughts, and demonic or evil plots) and MANY other things. I DO mess up, but I try to remember to ask for forgiveness and not repeat the same mistakes over and over. I am only human, but at least I know that I am putting forth my best effort and realize that God knows my heart and when it comes down to it, my sins are washed away by JESUS who died on the cross for me!
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• You're right, it's not about us anymore and what we want. It's following His ways, and expecting that where He leads will be better than anywhere we could've gotten by ourselves.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 2:53 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Good for you. I think listening to Black Sabbath, Megadeath and Van Halen is entertaining. Therefore I do. I am also a bible believing Christian. I appreicate your attempt to decide what is right for me. Thank you, but I will be able to consult God on my own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• anon op is not trying to decide what is right for you it is what jesus said and what the bible says you cant be on the fence you have to pick a side God's or the worlds(satan) plain and simple i have a hard time with my desire to be on the fece sometimes thank you op for your tips :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It really is not that hard to give up that which is not pleasing to the Lord or something that will ruin the testimony of His saving grace.
    Many people do not come to Him because they are scared that they will never have another day of fun and they will just have to give up so much. That jst is not true!
    God knows the hearts of people. He knows all about who will and who will not; but, He loves us all anyways.
    I just love Him enough to let go of the things that I know are not of Him.
    I live a full, happy and rounded life without all the worldly entertainment and ways. I never miss what was.
    The conviction will come to you from Him when you are ready to surrender back to the world what is of the world and what is of God you will be willing to grab hold of and be happy.
    It is true however...to live for Him is to die to your ways.
    We no longer are the world's child. We belong to Him.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 5:15 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Living 100% for God is sooooooooooooooo hard. I personally believe that since food has become so full of chemicals it has become like a drug to people. And food in and of itself appears so innoscent because we need to to survive. But do we NEED doughnuts or goldfish crackers? Do we need Taco Bell or KFC? Its addictive because its inhanced with artifical flavors and then regular food seems bland and boring next to it. And the most addicting food isnt steamed carrots or fresh apples... its sugar and starches which provide almost no nutricion. I believe this has come strait from hell. Its so well disguised and I have seen so many fat christians and I really believe they think about food more than God. God wants us to enjoy food just as a dad wants his daughter to enjoy her new bike. But he doesnt want us to put food before him. Or to be thinking about the potluck the during the church service.
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 6:08 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I honestly believe we are obsessed and highly addicted to food. Myself included. All we talk about is food. Who goes and really watches the day pass without putting one single thing in their mouth, just one stinking day, water maybe and air in the lungs. Just clean up a bit. It'll be okay. But we are so afraid of going outside of routine and comfort and food provides that for us. I m not saying dont eat, Im saying we should not rely on it so much and we should eat by true hunger and not by the clock. Ive gone a few days without eating before and found after a while I had a serge of energy and much much less hunger. It was like my body quit calling the shots and my soul started taking charge. It was incrediable. But then ya know the routine, fear of being uncomfortable drove me back to living as a slave to my bodily wishes. I have struggled with smoking and other unmentionable addictions in the past.
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 6:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i figured that food didnt matter and the only real loosers were those with a needle in their arm. But Im soooo wrong. We all want the same thing. The fatsos, the drug addicts, the bible thumpers. We all want God. We all want to be fullfilled completely with love peace and joy, and all of the fruits of the spirit. But the body is heavy and demanding. Its hard to just live for the spirit and let the body just tag behind. I find that the body is boss and my spirit gets muffeled. And its a sad thing. And most people think that its normal and or okay to live for food, like okay I have my pot belly , its time for lunch, someones in my way at Wendy's honk honk!. Even people who arnt really fat live for food and for the clock and I think it would be nice to break that cycle. That is of the physical world. And if we think about what is in the spiritual world , it has to do with the eternal NOW and HERE and the endless flow to trust.
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 6:17 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Thank you
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 6:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• You know and I have something else. I left myself behind for God once. And it was so hard and so much pressure that I dipped off. I gave up. God appreciates when we do suffer physically to grow spiritually, take it or leave it. And I did it for a while and I really maybe took it too far, the whole suffering physically so my soul could have pleasure, and maybe I was too young, maybe I needed more love from someone... I dont know but I gave it up and I want it back soooo bad that I could cry. God is so powerful and so good and if we really can get that camel through the eye of the needle it is worth it. Thanks again.
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 6:24 AM on Jul. 26, 2009