• In the Spotlight:

Would it offend you if I tell you....

that your attitude towards "protecting" children from themselves, their own parents and the world in general is not only highly offensive, it is arrogant and plain rude? I really don't care if rear facing is legal or illegal. IF it doesn't work for me or my family I will not do it. Same goes for nursing, homeschooling/public schooling and vaccinating. If you EVER walk up to me and confront me on it, you will be picking yourself up off the floor. I am not saying stay out of my business, I am saying MIND your OWN. I am a damn good mother and I know why I do what I do. MY child, MY choice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you want people to mind their own business why are you on a site that is geared to get/give PARENTING ADVICE?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I am not asking for advice. I am addressing those who think they are better then all the other moms because of what they choose to do with their kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• okay doll i said the same thing you did earlier but without so much aggression... i feel the same way you do but if you say it like that it seems so hostile and no one will respond well to hostility
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Some parents are better than some. That's how it goes.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:51 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• First off, if this comes off bitchy, I apologize. PMS :D

We all make choices that we feel are best for our children. Since you first mentioned RF vs. FF i'm going to go off that...many children have DIED to prove that ERF is safer than FF at 1 and 20. Do I think i'm a better parent than those who FF at 1 and 20lbs, or earlier? No. But I do feel I made a better decision. That's all.

Unless someone comes up to you and says "I'm better than you because I do this, or I do that" there is no reason to get worked up. I see it so often on here where a member will post about the BENEFITS of doing something, and the opposition gets all up in arms about it like the poster was saying you're going to dig your own grave in the fiery pits of hell if you don't. I think too many people get too damn defensive on here. Like I said, unless someone actually says they think they're better...don't sweat it.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I agree with you.... I feel the same way! WHEN i ask for advice, I will listen to anything, but if I am told how terrible I am for my choices (that I KNEW were best for my baby) then I would love to punch SOMEONE!!!! You do NOT tell me how to be a mother.... if you do, CHECK YOURSELF!!!!
    Like i said, I don't mind true advice... otherwise, you're just being a bitch IMO and trying to make me feel like i should kill myself and my children because i raised them "wrong" or whatever!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I should also say, that everything we do as mothers, and as people in general, has an impact on society as a whole. You choosing to break the law-with the carseat- has to do with me and everyone else. Maybe you should think about that before you make stupid decisions that could hurt your baby.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 3:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• If you are secure in your decisions then why do you get upset about what others think? I have made MANY decisions as a mother as we all have, I do not get stressed about what others think because I make the best choices for my family.
    If you are happy with your choices, then why feel like people are bashing for them? Why do you even care?
    I think the only reason you would feel attacked for your choices is if you don't fully think you are making the best choices. Is that true?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Of course it is your child, your choice, but does that make it the best choice for others? Can you honestly say that you have never bashed others for their lifestyle?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:10 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It's not just this question/answer...but the whole site seems to be a bit bitchy this weekend. Does it seem that way to anybody else, or is it just me?
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 3:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2009