at what age do you think a baby is too old to be breastfed?

personally i know i will be bfing til ds is atleast 1 but the oldest i will go is 2 but only at night

ilovemyboys21

Asked by ilovemyboys21 at 2:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dont let any mom tell you that what you are doing isnt acceptable. Your actions are always going to be weird somewhere. Just do whats right for you and baby, and if you need to breastfeed breastfeed, if you need to stop stop. (Btw, evasive noncommital answers can be handy with judgemental ppl. For example "how long are you going to breastfeed for?" "well we will see whats best for (insert baby name)")
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I only went until the first bite, lol. 4 months and 7 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I didn't bf, but I think 2 is a good stopping age and i could understand 3.... you know, weaning? But like i said, I ff... so I have no experience
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• when they are done or when the mom is done
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• oh this question is going to get ugly....... my answer, when they are ready. i still nurse my 12 month old every few hours, and plan to continue to nurse him for as long as he still wants to. my reasons are- its still milk after a year (keeps its nutritional value, and is better than cows milk for human babies) he is comforted by nursing like he isnt comforted by anything else, ALL reputable medical evidence supports breastfeeding until the age of 2-and as long AFTER this as mutually desired by mother and baby... AND i cant pump AND my son hates bottles.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 3:13 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rTwj1s2Bk0

Sorry I think this is too old.

Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 3:21 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Saw someone at the mall today bf a 2 and a half year old and although it was diffrent because I had never seen a todler nursing I was totally thinkin you go MAMA for doing whats best for your kid and not taking all the nasty looks to heart! I think you should do it as long as your child has the need.... But thats me.
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 3:31 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• op here katiemum i hope the question doesn't get ugly lol i agree that breast milk is better than cows milk and i will most likely pump for him even after he is 2 i think the only time i will actually bf him after a year is to comfort him before bed and naps but i am not sure i may go longer i enjoy it alot i only bfed my 1st son for 3 mos so i am not really sure how long i should go for i guess it really depends on how it all goes my mom and hubby freaked when i said i would be still bfing at 2 and other people have said it was gross mil thinks i am crazy for bfing and a nurse friend says i should bf for atleast 2 years i guess i am torn i want to do whats best for ds but i don't want ppl thinking i am weird especially my family members my mom or mil never bfed sorry so long
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 3:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i guess i should have re phrased my question to should i bf till 2 not saying the oldest i will bf is 2 lol i m so confused about what i should do thanks for all of your honest and sraight forward answers please keep them coming and no bashing please
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 3:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I nursed until 2.5 for my daughter. (Years.)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2009