is constipation a pert of pregnancy?

i have been having problems and i was wondering if that is a effect pregnancy has on you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sure is! Just another wonderful thing that hormones do to you when you are pregnant. Be sure you are drinking plenty of water and a little milk of magnisia might do the trick.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• sadly... yes...
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 3:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Yes, another glorious perk of pregnancy; especially in the first trimester but can last throughout. Many prenatal vitamins now have an added stool softener which helps a lot! Ask your doc to prescribe you those or recommend another light stool softener. Also drink a lot of water and watch your fiber intake.
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 3:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Talk to your ob but I take one magnesium pill every night before bed and it is all natural safe during pregnancy and helps you go!! Also helps to relieve high blood pressure and migraines!! Check it out if you would like to know the exact doses to tell your doc message me and I will tellya.. Good luck
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 3:27 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Yes, unfortunately it is normal. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was constipated. I'm currently pregnant with our second and luckily, the prenatals the doctor prescribed for me contain a stool softener.
    MOM2JEM

Answer by MOM2JEM at 4:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• yes it is normal. If you could try switching your prenatal to one with a stool softner in it. DO NOT take laxatives or anything like it!! Drink MORE water and try more fruit.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• yup yup and yup the other day i could fo sworn i was pooping out rocks lol!!! it was so bad
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009