Potty Training Advice

My daughter is 2 she takes her diaper off as soon as it is wet/dirty. I have tried having her sit on her potty but she does nothing she knows what her potty is used for and what toliet paper is used for but its like she refuses to try. I have even tried giving her a book or taking her while i had to go but nothing seems to work. So does anyone have any advice? She is my first so this is my first time doing this I NEED HELP LOL

Twilight_Mom24

Asked by Twilight_Mom24 at 3:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• go to parents.com... I personally do not know.... sorry I couldn't help but I found that site helpful!
    Maybe picking out panties she wants????? Then when she wears them she might not want to dirty them???? I wish I had better advice, GL!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I too did not have problems with my daughter. Couple of accidents. But each time I would go use the bathroom, I'd take her with me, and tell her to sit on her potty.

I'd tell my daughter that it is ok if you use your potty, mommy will clean it. When she used it I would reward her, with a hug, a little gift.. LOL
    dbrooks91

Answer by dbrooks91 at 7:16 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Oh, I had challenges galore with my DD. This is going to sound gross, but do you allow her TV or video time? If so, have her sit on the potty when she's watching TV. This gave my DD an idea as to what to do, because she'd forget and just go. Then we'd praise her like crazy so she'd get the idea.

Here are some resources for you:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-abcs-of-potty-training_4399.bc?intcmp=Nav_HP_Hero1
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_parents-say-potty-training-tips_12599.bc
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Oh - and I ended up using Hershey's Kisses as rewards. 1 for pee, 2 for stinky on the potty. She got the peeing right away, the stinky took longer (oh, dear). Eventually she forgot about the candy once she was in a routine, and now she uses the bathroom more than we do! LOL.
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2009