help please

how long do you have to wait for taking after a pregnancy test after you have had a baby??? my baby boy will be 4 weeks on monday and my husband n me have had sex recently and im kinda worried that i might be pregnant again but i have been hearing that you have to have your period first and the only bleeding i had was after i had him

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 3:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you dont have to have your period first, you ovulate before your period.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Well, take a test 2 wks after the last time yall had sex and if negativ, take another one the following week. Then u will knw for sure.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 4:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• the pg hormone tats found on a test 2 tell u ur pg leaves ur body 1 wk 2 2 wks after delievery ,, so do a test a s a p if neg contact ur gp they can do a blood test .
    its unliky u r as ur cycle doest start till u have a period after delivery , altho it can happen depends on the person ,, worrie can lead 2 a late period also. in my case i blead 4 9 wks after i had my first child and didnt take my period 4 9 wks after dat .
    try no 2 worrie xx
    hotty9183

Answer by hotty9183 at 8:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• did your Dr clear you for having sex? That seems so soon. It can happen though, and NO you don't need to have a period. I'm pregnant and never had a period after I had my daughter last year. I'd wait it out because if you tested now it would be pointless, it could pick up hormones from this past pregnancy or come back false even if you were. If you are concerned speak with your OB on what to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Give your body a break, girl! :-( And you don't need to have a period first to get pregnant. You ovulate before your period. You can get pregnant any time you ovulate....if you are breastfeeding you may not have mature eggs for a few cycles when you ovulate.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:44 AM on Jul. 26, 2009