can you feel the presense of evil?

This is for Christian moms; so please do not come in and slam us with replies that have nothing to do with this post.

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 5:42 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Bloodbought, First of all... I love your name! That tells me a lot about you. As far as sensing evil, the scripture does speak of discerning of spirits as a gift of the Holy spirit. It's certainly NOT to be used in judging one another, but it does have its place in the body of Christ. The discerning of spirits lets us see into the spirit world. There are spirits all around us that we can't see. Angels, demons and even human spirits are invisible to our eyes, yet they are very real. We read about Paul and Silas in the town of Phillipi and the demon possessed woman. This woman was actually saying good things, yet she was evil. How did Paul know that this woman was possessed by a devil? She was saying good words. Paul knew through the discerning of spirits. The Bible says that his spirit was grieved. One way that the discerning of spirits operates is through an inward witness—your spirit will become grieved
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• As a Believer do you feel the presense of evil from places or people?
    I have always been able too.
    I have had the hair stand up on my neck and arms before because of it.
    When we were little girls our Grandma pulled my older sister and I to her and told us that we had the gift and disernment of good and evil.
    This came up today because yesterday when I had to go into the city for physical therapy I walked passed a man and I almost threw up. I stopped walking and when I looked back; he stopped, turned around and stared. Every hair on my neck and arms stood out. Then he smiled; but it was not a smile that one would give as a hello.
    I have had these same feelings before and I have always been right.
    Because I am strong in the Lord and have His Spirit i believe that I am able to give out a silent message as to say..."no fear here and they just keep walking."
    Just wondering if any of you sense evil from people...strangers?
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 5:51 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I havent slept all night bc Im addicted to the internet. Let me just say that THAT in and of itself is evil. Evil is in good. Good is in evil. Its all the same thing. We just cant see that because we are make of meat and blood. I take that back. Bad is evil and good is great. But then you look at little babies and they cant do anything wrong, even if they cry and make everyone suffer. But adults once we have lived in the flesh for a long time, we begin to become more and more evil, unless we stay like a child, who lets things flow, doesnt worry about material items until they are gone, and lives continuesly in the present. Living in the flesh is evil and its hard not to give into the pleasures of the flesh. I believe giving into the pleasures of the flesh is what turns us from inoscent little beings to hidious, bitter, resentfull people. But that is a choice, not a destiny.
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 5:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• He didn't just keep walking he turned around and looked at you. Don't stop and look at people like that, he really could have had some sort of disorder. You don't know maybe he is really sick or something. To answer your questionm no I don't look at people like that and think they are evil. What if someone you loved or even you had a problem, maybe even mental issues acted like you or they were the spawn of satan. You don't have to speak to people like that but you sure as heck don't need to stop and look at them like they are a freak. I think everyone has a good side to them. But thats the way I was raised.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Answered at 3:40 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 by: Anonymous
    He didn't just keep walking he turned around and looked at you. Don't stop and look at people like that, he really could have had some sort of disorder. You don't know maybe he is really sick or something. To answer your questionm no I don't look at people like that and think they are evil. What if someone you loved or even you had a problem, maybe even mental issues acted like you or they were the spawn of satan. You don't have to speak to people like that but you sure as heck don't need to stop and look at them like they are a freak. I think everyone has a good side to them. But thats the way I was raised.
    ~~~
    This is the reason that I asked Spirit filled women to respond.
    We know the difference of medical influence and evil influence.
    I have been a nurse in a long-term phychiatric ward.
    I also know evil when I feel it.
    That is the question I am asking.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I can't say that I can personally "sense" evil, but the Holy Spirit will reveal the danger certain things (or people) to any of us if we will listen.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• yea I have sensed a little evil around the last few days.

drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 10:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Ever since Obama announced he was running for President, I have had a terrible sense of evil,and forboeding. I'm not trying to slam him in anyway, here, but there is just something about him that makes me terribly uneasy. Do I believe he's the Antichrist? No, but I do believe he's one of the predecessors. Sent before the Antichrist comes to power. So much of what he is doing just goes to prove the point. He wants one world health care. One world currency, and one world power. If he had his way, I also think he'd force us into one world religion. I pray I'm wrong, and maybe I am,but I've spent alot of time in prayer and study about this, and I don't think I am. I expect to get bashed for what I've said, especially by the naysayers, but I don't care. I answered the question honestly,and how I feel.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I am really good at determining a person's intentions. I have sensed evil in some and I felt the familiar hairs standing up on end, when in their presence. My problem is I rarely go with my gut instincts because I want to believe I'm wrong. I always turn out being right ,though. In reponse to stvmen, I can see where she's coming from. Although I voted for him, (because I wanted to believe I was wrong), immediatlely after he won the election, by a landslide, which I didn't think would happen because of the ignorance still in the world and all the McCain signs in my county, I got a sick feeling of regret. All the hate and terror in the world right now, and here comes a man who says he is going to "make change" and he has all the right words and an addicting charisma, I realized that those are the very traits of the antichrist. However, we ay be very far fetched, and like you, I hope I'm wrong, because he really does seem cool.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• LOL drink lover, you noticed that too?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2009