Cat urine

I had a old cat that urinated on the sofa, now my kitten thinks that the sofa is her litter box what else can I try so the other animal do not got potty on my sofa? Even the dog is wanting on the sofa, and he is trainned NOT to get up there. I have used the pet emzymes and also OUT a urine nutralizer
PLEASE HELP!

munchkinman

Asked by munchkinman at 7:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pets

• My dad was a chemist and said to put a bowl of vinegar near the stain, that the ammonia from the urine and the acid from the vinegar would neutralize each other. I'd also wipe the area with vinegar, (maybe white vinegar) and maybe put a vinegar soaked (and wrung out) cloth over it. To keep the animals off, I've used double sided tape stuck to pieces of cardboard. I lay the cardboard pieces over the area I don't want them jumping on, and when they jump up, they get their paws on the tape and don't like it.

Answer by Bmat at 8:51 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• we had the same problem in the hallway, the new puppy went there alot and even after deep cleaning it the other pets suddenly thought it was ok to go there to, i put down baking soda and left it, it seemed to soak it up, cuz after that, noone went there anymore =) we now have a happy smelling house with potty trained animals lol =) good luck, it sucks!! specially cat pee, i think that is worse than a dog any day!
    Anonymous

• I've used white vinegar and water in a spray bottle and use it instead of febreze...just spray it on the sofa and let it dry. I also use vinegar in the pre-soak cycle of the washer if I'm trying to remove smells from fabric.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2009