When did you stop using the Pram/Stroller/Buggy? what age?

.

MummyMiller

Asked by MummyMiller at 7:42 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• We never really used one. I suppose you should stop when they can walk on their own for some distance or hit the weight limit of the stroller.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:03 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My youngest is 3, and I'm pretty sure we haven't used a stroller in about a year. When I take them to the grocery store, I put them both in the cart, just because it's faster for me to do my shopping without having to put back everything they pick up. But when we go out to other places, they just walk.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:08 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• We rarely used a stroller. my daughter hated being in it and a babybackpack was much more practical for us

Answer by rkoloms at 10:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• We haven't used a stroller since before my youngest turned 3. I stopped using it for short walks when she was 2 1/2 and then we quit using it for longer walks several months ago. She got really mad the other day about the stroller. We were going for a drive and I knew while there we would be walking around but the stroller was in the way in the back seat so I took it out and tossed it into the bed of the truck and told her she didn't need it any more. She got so mad. But the thing has been sitting in there for at least 4 months since we last used it. Probably longer (she turned 3 in April). I really can't remember the last time we used it and it was all tangled up with the diaper bag which I haven't used in like a year and a half (the clothes in it are like 24 month and she wears a 4T now, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:40 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My children quit wanting to ride on a regular basis around/by age four. I continue to use a stroller at certain events (like mall shopping, zoo outings) as a glorified shopping cart/walker. I have a spinal disease and having the stroller to hold helps.... it is great having a place to put my diaper and shopping bags and having drink holders (for me), too! My toddler will walk while I push the stroller, until he/she gets tired and wants to hop a ride! Using a stroller falls into the "it works for us" category, I suppose. Also, by the time my "baby" is a toddler, I have a new baby to use with the stroller.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My oldest is 4 and I have a 3 year old and baby, I still let my 4 year old ride in the stroller if we are out doing a lot of walking and she gets tired, the 3 year old is small for her age so her legs get tired quickly so she still uses a stroller when we do a lot of walking and I use a stroller for the baby when I go out and need it. The 4 year old does not use a stroller often, I think it really depends on you and the child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Once my son was steadily walking (about 11 months) we got rid of the stroller. I did have a backpack I used with him maybe a half-dozen times after that when we traveled, but by the time he was a year-and-a-half he walked everywhere with us.

Jazzdoll

Answer by Jazzdoll at 12:49 PM on Jul. 26, 2009