what can my daughter be havin? could it be the swine flu?

my daughter was snoring last night. she has a cough she vomits everything she eats or drink. mostly has lost of hunger. she has been with a fever with 102.3 when she poops its not solid, its watery. should i take her to ER? i give her tylenol and still has her fever.

mami2bagainlol

Asked by mami2bagainlol at 8:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:15 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• She can have both Tylenol and Motrin for fever
    Give Pedialyte to drink until she is able to keep things down, do very small amounts, such as a table spoon every 15 minutes.
    If she can drink and keep things down only give her foods that are part of the BRAT diet... Banana's, Rice, Apple Sauce, Toast (or any breads, pasta, potatoes)

If she shows signs of trouble breathing or starts getting dehydrated bring her to the doctor ASAP, otherwise just keep an eye on her at home
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:27 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• how old isshe and how long has she been like that...very important things to consider in when to taker her in....
    also i know everyone is all hyped about the swine flu...but it is the flu, no worse than the regular fle, just out of season
    (but yes all flu sucks)
    hope she feels better
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It doesn't sound like swine flu, but there is a danger of dehydration- not having enough liquids in her body. I'd take her to an urgent care clinic or call the doctor on call.

Answer by Bmat at 8:39 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'd call her doctor and see what they recommend. I wouldn't worry about swine flu, or really WHAT it is. Its probably some nasty virus. All you can do is treat the fever and ached with tylenol and/or motrin, and keep her hydrated. As long as she's not showing signs of dehydration and doesn't have a fever over 104, its safe to keep her home.
    Anonymous