i was reading a book!!!!

called mean girls meaner woman.it was interesting.according to the book i think i am the mean girl in the neighbohood cause of all the lies being spread about me.nobody has called me all summer.so i am thinking maybe this is true.i am not the mean girl some one else is and just spreading rumors about me.i know this is stupid but it does get lonely.how do i undo this.i sit in the house and do practically nothing or sit in the yard with my daughter and read a book ...nobody stops andwaves.but they wave to my husband though.whats up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Have you invited everybody over for tea/coffee? If you don't have space for the children, too, then maybe on a Sunday where they could get sitters. I'd hope that not everybody would have listened to rumors and would stay away. Show that you are nice person and pleasant to be around. Go for walks in the neighborhood and chat with those you happen to see outside, just be relaxed, smile. When people actually get to be around you they'll find you are a nice person.

Answer by Bmat at 8:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Make the first move. Smile and wave yourself. Also, try to make friends outside of your neighborhood- at the playground, library, religious place. Do some volunteer work every week, you'll make contacts there. Take classes.

Answer by Bmat at 8:37 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It's summer. Have a cookout and invite the neighborhood. You'd be surprised how great they will think you are when you give them free hotdogs.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2009