how can I get my 2 years old to sleep?

Hi,

I have a 2 years old boy how would not sleep. he self graduate to a regular size bed- but in the midle of the night comes in our room and doe not go back to sleep unless one of us sleep with him. When you think he is asleep and try to come out of his room, his getting up and ask to be held. he also start geting up at 4 Am (his regulat time to get up is 5.30-6) I know this is insecurity- particular that we have a new baby- 9 weeks, but I'm desperat. I need help!

gfl

Asked by gfl at 8:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try having a routine of reading or talking before bed, and cuddle with him until he goes to sleep. Tell him he is a big boy and needs to sleep in his bed, but he can come into your room in the morning. Try to find time during the day to give him attention. Keep talking to him and praising him when he shows independence.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 11:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2009