does anyone know a good work from home job that is not a scam?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:22 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• If you are willing to spend a little money and take a couple courses you can go for medical transcription or legal transcription.

I'm lucky as I found a legal transcription job in my hometown and once I found out I was pregnant I was able to start working from home. It's an awesome job. Working just 24 hours a week I can get $30K a year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Procard International has a great work at home program. Help people save money on medical bills, pets too in some cases.

Check out the career opportunities by clicking here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I have a 1yr old and work really PT with Ameriplan but make a FT income. I work around her nap time or when hubby is home to help :) Here is an overview call to listen to on Ameriplan if you are interested in your own business from home 616-712-1118
    YOu get great tax deductions for your own business, better pay, and the freedom of being your own boss.
    Ameriplan offers us Daily Pay-Benefits for our entire house-5 websites-Online training and support-Discoutns at tons of reteailers nationwide.
    They are a 17yr old discount Health Benefits Company that offers discount plans on dental and Medical as well as now Financial, Legal, Roadside Assistance-Child Id kits-Dining, sutomotive, shopping...
    The overview call gives you tons of information but you can also go to my website www.IBOPlus.com/ChristinaDennis
    Good luck in your search and God Bless!!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:29 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I have a list on my site!

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

•  

m-avi

I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:15 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom and have a 22 month old son. I joined CEO Moms awhile back and I absolutely love it. I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant and prosperous. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! I don't have to sell anything, keep inventory, or do parties. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and still be there for my son.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would love to talk to you and give you more info so you can do the same!!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms

alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 12:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Yes! I started an at home biz a few months back that is not a scam. The comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is not a scam! We don't have to do sales, don't have to take inventory, this is not MLM! For more info, please visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon, I would love to answer any questions that you have! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I have a great one for you! You will also have benefits and a 401K. Listen to an overview of my company at 616-712-1741. I will gladly answer any questions.
    Reaching100K

Answer by Reaching100K at 6:19 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• There are some great ideas on my site. tarasextraincome.blogspot.com
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2009