what bug spray product do you use on your baby

I have a 6 1/2 month son and he loves being outside but it's hard going outside and visiting friends and family when there is bug around. I really have not put anything on him expect sunscreen when he goes out because I'm not really sure what bug spray is right for my son age.

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus Insect Repellent and SPF 30 Sunscreen on Layton. It's available through Avon. It's in a blue bottle and the sunscreen is also blue. It's also water resistant, suitable for the entire family and pediatrician tested. I love it. I got it for Layton when he was itty bitty so it should good for your little guy too.

Answer by Daphnee925 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I use Bite Blocker. I get it at Walmart. It does not contain DEET so it is better for your and your children.

Answer by Jordyn1202 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• They say the products w out deet are not as effective. I have tried a spray by burt bees and I really like it. I have not tried it out when the mosquitos are heavy out but if it is just a few it does ok. If you have to use the deet kind use the min of 7% and make sure he gets a bath that night. That is what we do.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 8:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Baby oil mixed with a little vanilla is a great one and it's very non toxic. It's the best and cheapest method I'm aware of.

Answer by asmith62877 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I got a wonderful bug spray " Dont bite me " at babies r us. You can buy it online from them as well. It has worked wonderfully.

Answer by julierae at 11:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My doc said anything with less than 10% deet. Most family geared bug sprays are about half that.

Answer by haberdasher at 8:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2008