did you know the Catholic Church has a program called project Rachel to help woman suffering from abortion heal?

and in addition to this, many have started project Joseph or Jacob to help men suffering from abortion? Such as maybe feeling guilty they encouraged an abortion?

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 9:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is such a great idea. The church I was saved in, they have a post-abortion ministry,which is the most popular of all their ministries. Literally, hundreds, probably thousands of women by now have benefited from this amazing ministry. I have many friends in that church, who have been through it,and now help others,as they were helped.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Project Rachel has been around for 16 years or maybe more I think. It's a great program. It involves counseling, etc to help women who have suffered from choosing abortion. I'll admit though that I have not heard of any programs for men out there.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• The same group of sisters that are sponsoring project Joseph in our are also hold classes on why men batter. It is really important to always look at every angle of every situation.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 3:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Oh yes. Let's make women feel even WORSE about what could have been the best decision they could made for themselves at that time in their lives.

Oh and, let's give men even more power over women's bodies and decisions. In fact, let's just go back to medieval times where women were first the property of their fathers, then brothers, then husbands, then sons.  Let's bring back chastity belts and secret midnight visits to the Old Crone who lived just outside the villiage for a potentially dangerous potion or procedure. 

Or let's just take personhood away from women and just give it to their overian contents.  I mean, women are nothing more than uteruses with feet.  They have no brains, no goals, and are worth nothing more than breeding stock.

Anonymous

• Actually it's only for those women who feel guilt and loss from their abortion. They already feel terrible and go to the program feeling less than human. Those that don't feel that way obviously don't need Project Rachel anon. I have no idea where your anger and bitterness come from anon, but you obviously know nothing about the program. I've known a couple of people that have gone through this program and the help they got through project Rachel gave them peace that they had searched for for years through other means such as alcohol, drugs and having sex with any man they could find. If even just a few women found that peace then to me it's a good thing.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I have a piece of information that might surprise you anon. Did you know that there are so many people that grieve after an abortion they actually SEEK help? Did you know that there are so many people who grieve and are not Catholic or Christian that there are actually secular abortion recovery groups? Project Rachel and project Jacob are just one of the many groups that offer this help. Did you know I actually worked with the group that funds project Rachel and I can tell you first hand most of the people seeking help are not Catholic.

Tell me anon, you are against project Rachel/Jacob helping those hurting. What do you propose those hurting after an abortion should do? Seeking help from a group who is going through the same pain is not a good idea in your opinion. What is a good idea?
    Anonymous

• Why do people have to be so mean about this? I mean, for goodness sake-it's a RECOVERY group for those out there who feel guilt and shame about having an abortion. Sometimes an abortion is the WRONG choice.
    "Or let's just take personhood away from women and just give it to their overian contents. I mean, women are nothing more than uteruses with feet. They have no brains, no goals, and are worth nothing more than breeding stock"
    Who would even say this about a great program to HELP people? This just really pushed my buttons. If you are such a feminist you should have enough of a brain or a heart (if you have one) to at least acknowledge that a woman could have issues after a procedure such as an abortion. Here's a good idea-let's act like a life-changing and emotionally taxing medical procedure won't affect a woman and let's make her feel like if she feels anything for the baby she just aborted she's chauvinistic.
    Anonymous

• Project Rachel isn't about making women feel worse, they already feel terrible. If they thought their abortion was 'the best decision' they wouldn't need Project Rachel.

Project Rachel is about helping women deal with the aftermath of abortion because not all women think it was a good decision.

Here is a link: http://www.hopeafterabortion.com/index.cfm

erdavh

Answer by erdavh at 10:26 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Thanks for the link but I couldn't find the chastity belts and I don't think my village has an old crone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I get is anon :32... you had an abortion and rather than realizing that other people may feel bad and actually NEED help, you feel you must be a bitch about everything instead. You're a pathetic excuse for a human being. Just because YOUR abortion was the best choice for YOU doesn't mean that another woman feels the same way. And this group is secular  (you know... NOT religious).

http://www.4exhale.org/services.php

Anonymous