• In the Spotlight:

Just one more question: Would you like to make this positive Sunday?

Can you share something positive about your religion or try to say something positive about a religion you are not part of?

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 9:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• One Love.group hug

writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• a positive thing about my church. For 2000 years the church stands strong and refuses to change because society pressure.

about other churches. We have several food kitchens in the are. The protestant churches have linked together and helped fund the food kitchens even though most of them are in the basement of Catholic Churches
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 10:03 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I love my church/religion because of the old fashioned views, because they believe that in the presence of God the Almighty we should humble ourselves, because of the morals we teach, because we are against the killing of innocents, because our priests remain celebate so they can focus on teaching the Word of God, because we have confession as we are to confess sins to one another, but we get to tell a priest anonymously so it really is just between God and the sinner, and not a friend or family member who will still judge you. I love my religion because we, although unworthy, can recieve the Body and Blood at Mass, so we can truly understand how perfect Jesus' sacrifice was, and I like the scriptures, and Gospel readings and I especially love when the Holy man in charge gets to interpret them for us. I love the Latin rite and I love that our church is a close-nit family because that's the way God wants it. God is there!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'm Spiritual Pagan Atheist...

my religion is self-made, only because it is a mix of ideas from those religions, that best suit my beliefs.
    The best part is:

I'm free from religious structure. There is nothing to tell me what is right and what is wrong beyond my own conscious mind. (in other words, it means I don't have to hate anyone because a book told me they were evil). There is nothing to criticizes about my religion.. because it takes what can be proven, from the religions, and leaves those that can't, open to be studied until there is enough evidence.

My religion is something that is based on evidence I've collected.. both subjective and objective. It's open enough to include change, and findings.

It's about freedom and values, and centering yourself with reality.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Just to clarify, the Bible doesn't teach hate, it teaches love, even to those it deems "wrong". It's just that some people who think they know the Bible make others feel hated because they dont believe they way those "some people" believe.
    I, for one, respect all religions, and think that most of them have pretty good morals and turn out just fine. I, like anyone else who believes in anything, just like my structured religion better.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• "Just to clarify, the Bible doesn't teach hate, it teaches love, even to those it deems "

however you care to word it, the bible does teach hate.. if you want to say it hates the "sin" then fine, I can word it that way, if it suits you better... but it does preach about hating.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• ok, hazeldove...that's kinda silly. you word it anyway you please. God still loves you..just isn't so 'pleased' with non-loving behavior. how's that for another way to word it?
    Anonymous

• so much for positive. thanks hazeldove.

I was in a bad place this morning after all the attacks by one person on the Catholic Church. Been to mass and now I am feeling better.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 3:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2009