How do I get my 6 month old to switch from breast to bottle or cup?

I have been exclusively breastfeeding my 6 month old. I now would like (no make that LOVE) to get him on a bottle or cup. I would love to be able to have a little freedom. I have tried a few different bottles & nipples & he isn't having it. I now am trying the Avent cups. Any other ideas suggestions would be awesome!! Thanks!!

lissaleigh72

Asked by lissaleigh72 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son never wanted to take a bottle. The only one he would even TRY was the platex nurser with the latex nipples. He could actually latch onto them just like he would me. Maybe try those?

I know its hard to not have any "freedom". My son is now 14 months old, and I am acutally able to go places without him for the first time. He weaned almost 3 weeks ago.

Is your little one eating solids? Instead of pushing the bottle, you could always rely on soilds if you want to go out for a few hours. baby will make up by nursing a little more frequently when you get back!
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 10:21 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• born free bottle is the closest you will get to a breast like shape. try that
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• If you want to go somewhere without him, leave some BM in a cup or bottle and leave...seriously leave baby with a caregiver and GO...baby will take the milk if baby needs it.

Don't expect a BF baby to ever take a bottle or sippy from you of milk or even formula...juice or water maybe but never milk or formula.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009