=/ I don't think this was my mucus plug OR bloody show... why is there blood at 32 weeks? (tmi)

I tried looking thru the answers and I can't find anything like what just happened. I'm ONLY 32 weeks pregnant. I'm having the most normal pregnancy ever (aside from PUPPP) and I don't think there should be any blood at 32 weeks. I woke up this morning to use the restroom and there was some blood in my underwear. I peed and there was a little bit of blood in the toilet. I wiped and there was a little bit of blood on the toilet paper. There was no colored discharge. My SO and I had sex last night, but we have sex all the time and I've never bled before and it wasn't rough or anything. I am not sure why there would be blood at 32 weeks. Has anyone experienced this? It's way too early 4 my mucus plug and bloody show, right? So far it's just been that little bit of blood. It was a VERY small amount, very small. just some specs on the toilet paper and maybe 3 drops in the toilet. My underwear is red, and some of it is cum so idk.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 10:31 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is likely that you are bleeding due to the sex you had last night. Even if you have never bled before it could be that, and also it could never happen again.

If you have stopped bleeding, are not passing any clots, etc. I would be willing to bet it was the sex.

Oh, and just as a heads up, in the next month or two when your doctor checks you it will be normal to have a small amount of blood as well.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• If your really worried about it I would call the doctor but I do agree with carolynbarnett completely. It is just from having sex and it may or may not happen again. Congrats on the new little one.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Hey hun. I been going to lamaze class you have nothing to worry about in fact sex is what probably caused it. You can have sex all through your pregnancy and not have a problem but as you get further along and your cervix is becoming thinner more things such as sex or a pelvic exam could make it bleed. Its called spotting and if you call your dr he will probably ask if you've had sex in the last 24 hrs. But your mucus plug can come out anytime after 32 weeks but its a massive amount of blood and as well as you bloody show. If your spotting persists more then a day call your doctor. But its most likely some of the membranes got irrated and our making you spot ^_^ good luck and congrats
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I had some blood like spotting on and off one day at 30 1/2 weeks and some in the toilet, but was alot and wasn't a little either but wasn't nothing I was scared abut. I went to the hospital and nothing on the ultrasound was wrong or in my urine. I stopped bleeding that day and then had the same thing again at 32 1/2 weeks and they still didn't see nothing wrong. They ended up giving me steriod shots and keeping me for 3 days this time. They gave me the shots to make sure if the baby came early his lungs were fine. I didn't have him till 38 1/2 weeks and he was 8lbs 12oz. I never had this problem with my other kids.
    Anonymous