Is it normal to have cravings constantly but never know what you're craving?

When I get hungry, I never know what I'm craving until I've eaten a bite of something. I constantly feel like I'm wasting food when I take a bite and can't finish it because I just don't want it even though my b/f usually eats the rest of it for me. It's getting really annoying. Is there anything I can do for this strange predicament I'm in?

mommy_lynn2009

Asked by mommy_lynn2009 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm 6 weeks, and have been the same way. i'm always half finishing something, then i feel guilty for wasting food. plus i'm vegan, and the hubby isn't so he wont finish my food. heehee. i've also noticed that i cannot eat the same thing twice. i buy tons of food, and can't even stand to look at it after a day or two. the only thing i have been doing lately is forcing myself to finish as much as i can before i give up. i also have been trying to put a large variety of foods ( in tiny portions ) on my plate so i wont tire of my meal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I did that same thing for the first trimester! I used to go down to the corner grocery and try to find something in the fresh foods that smelled good. Usually if it smelled good then i was able to eat it at least once. I think I survived on salads, Sonic cheese conies, and fresh fruit all through my first trimester!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Thanks guys!!!!! And the whole small portions on your plate thing is a great idea!
    mommy_lynn2009

Answer by mommy_lynn2009 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2009