Crayons and wood

Does anyone know a good way to get crayon marks off of wood? My lil 2 year old found a hidden crown and colored on their wooden kitchen. :(
Thanks!

Autumn22

Asked by Autumn22 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• you can also lay a paper towel over the area and run an iron over it. The crayon will melt and the paper towel will soak up the hot wax. Works for candle wax in carpet and clothing too. Just use lowest setting first.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Those white sponges you can buy at the supermarket work miracles on most surfaces. I think they are called Magic Erasers. They are in the cleaning isle and they are around $5.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 11:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I just tried some baking soda because that seems to work with everything else and it got 99% of it off. :) Better than nothin! Thanks. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I just read in parents mag to use a dryer sheet... tried it and it works... good to know for the future I guess!
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2009