Bladder infection.....

I saw my doctor on Friday and explained to him that I think I might have a bladder infection. He had me go to the hospital to drop off a urine specimen. He said they would call if something is wrong. Well it's the weekend and I'm worried I might have one and waiting longer may harm the baby. My symptoms have been going on for about two weeks, but I thought it was just the uterus putting pressure on my bladder and making me go a lot throughout the day. I don't have any burning when I pee, not cloudy, and it doesn't have an odd odor. I have had pain by my kidneys once in a while and thought it was just my back. Anyhow just wondering if anyone has had one or if it really is just me drinking a lot of water and baby putting pressure on my bladder ( I am 22 almost 23 weeks pregnant).

Gelijones

Asked by Gelijones at 10:55 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your doctor hasn't called yet, I wouldn't worry too much. Keep drinking lots of water and if the pain worsens then I would go to the ER. I had a bladder infection around that same time, and they called me immediately to let me know, even though it was on a Saturday. They also called in a prescription to handle it. I had pain in my pelvic region, and an odd odor as well. It might be the baby putting pressure down there, and on your kidneys. I would just drink water and cranberry juice, and if the pain gets worse I'd go to the ER, and call my doctor Monday just to make sure. Good luck and I hope all is ok!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I think that it's the baby putting pressure on your bladder. No news is good news and i have always went by that. If they did find something i would think that the doctor or someone would have caled weekend or not. Wait until tomorrow and call them first thing in the morning and if by some chance your do have a bladder infection i would be going off on the doctor and looking for another doctor.
    My doctors office were really good about calling me on everything good or bad and weekend or not but I do know not all doctors offices aren't like that. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Hello:

I am a mother of 5 and have had bladder infections while being pregnant. Often they have been induced by either not drinking enough water, or holding my bladder for too long. They were cured often times by drinking strong, all natural cranberry juice, or taking cranberry supplements. I am actually running a Prenatal Wellness campaign this month through my company where I am encouraging pregnant ladies to take the best prenatal supplements money can buy they come with a complete calcium, a multivitamin and mineral, and Omega 3 supplements for superior eye
    and brain development. And getting back to your question we also have a supplement available called cranbarriar which is for a urinary tract health.
    If the doctor has not called you, maybe there is nothing wrong. Call him back and let him know
    you are concerned. In the meantime it could only help to take cranberry supplements or juice. Get plenty of H2o
    paidathome

Answer by paidathome at 11:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• If you are interested in learning more about the supplements please email me at

ummbasheer@gmail.com

Thank You and Best of Health to You and Your Baby

paidathome

Answer by paidathome at 11:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Thanks ladies my mind is at ease now. I have been drinking cranberry juice and I actually mentioned that to my nurse. She said if Idid have a UTI cranberry juice wouldn't help only antibiotics. I'm still drinking it regardless diluted in water b/c it's too sweet. The office is closed on weekends and I don't want to paige him if it's not serious. I just figured in your second trimester you shouldn't have the urge to go so much and I have held it in at times. It just started a couple of weeks ago too especially during the night I really have the urge and when I go it's just a trickle. I'll just wait until tomorrow and keep drinking cranberry juice. Thanks again!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'm taking a prenatl called Citranatal and it comes with a DHA supplement as well. I haven't had any problems with it so I'll just keep taking that one. Thanks for the offer.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:22 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Your nurse is right- cranberry juice won't cure a bladder infection or UTI, but it will keep your body flushed out well and keep the infection from getting much worse until you can contact your doctor. Good luck hon and I hope you get to feeling better soon!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2009