Am I paranoid or just crazy??

Since Iwas about 8 months pregnat I have been having the craziest dreams i.e. I am laying on the couch and my daughter on the floor and our 60 inch old school (not flat screen) T.V. falls on her and crushes her and I wake up going straight to her room shaking and crying holding her and kisseing her telling her how much I love her. I just wonder sometimes am I going crazy I have destructive dreams like this about once a month. I dont know if it is because im afraid of losing her or its because I am going crazy or is it normal does any one else out there have these type of dreams?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes i do. ever since i was like 4 months pregnant, i get scared alot and have dreams and day dreams about bad things. it sucks.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Yes. Normal. I had some really crazy dreams when pregnant....I'll go out on a limb here and try and interpret this one. Don't usually do this but this one sounds straight forward....

You are afraid that with the new baby you won't be able to pay as much attention to your daughter. She will be stuck in front of the TV and will be "crushed" emotionally because she will feel abandoned. The TV is probably an "old school" type because you associate this with something in your childhood - feeling left out perhaps- and you don't want to do the same thing to your daughter.

Don't worry. You'll have time for both.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I did have crazy dreams while pregnant too, like about the baby I was carrying and then later about the children already here while I was pregnant with their siblings. Try not to stress about it too much and keep telling yourself it's just a dream!
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 3:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2009