What is the bloody show?

I've heard 2 different things. It's like when your mucus plug comes out and it's tinged with blood or when your dilating your capillaries break which causes you to bleed. I'm 4cm and lost my mucus plug but haven't had any blood. I don't even bleed when they check my cervix. Have I just not experienced it yet or does it not happen to all women? All the women in my family have had to be induced so noone can answer any of my questions.

snjbjac

Asked by snjbjac at 11:51 AM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The bloody show is. When you begin to dilate the the blood mixes in with the natural discharge you've been getting through your pregnancy. Have you been to the doctors since your muscus plug has fallen out? If not you need too. The mucus plug is what's pretty much blocking the whole to the cervix that the baby is going to come out. And if there's even the slightest opening that you might be leaking a little bit of ammonitic fluid you need to go. Don't have anything such as sex or swimming like that till your checked because you could get germs going up there. The ammniotic fluid is your bodies core temp so its going to pretty much fester germs. I've been going to lamaze class and that's what are last class was about. Good luck
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009